Mike Lindell’s social media site Frank was supposed to launch Monday morning, but errors are making it impossible to access

0
4


My Pillow CEO Mike Lindell walks out ahead of President Donald J. Trump to speak with members of the coronavirus task force and reporters during a briefing in response to the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic from the Rose Garden at the White House on Monday, March 30, 2020 in Washington, DC. Jabin Botsford/The Washington Post via Getty Images

  • MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell’s social media site Frank was supposed to launch at 8 a.m. CT Monday.
  • Instead, the site showed a series of errors, similar to its initially planned launch last week.
  • Lindell said the website was facing “a massive attack against it currently.”
  • See more stories on Insider’s business page.

Mike Lindell’s social-media site Frank was supposed to launch at 8 a.m. CT Monday morning, but technical issues are preventing the site from being accessible.

At first, the Frank website showed a 502 error.

Screen Shot 2021 04 19 at 8.02.28 AM

Then, just minutes later at 8:08 a.m., the site showed a “500 internal server error.”

At 8:15 a.m., the site allowed the reporter of this story to sign up. It required just an email address and username to make an account. After clicking “create account,” the site popped up with another error.

Screen Shot 2021 04 19 at 8.16.19 AM

Lindell, the founder and chief executive officer of MyPillow, did not immediately respond to Insider’s request for comment on the matter.

Lindell stated on Parler that the Frank website is “having a massive attack against it currently.”

“We are working to get it up ASAP!” he wrote. “Thank you for your patience.”

Lindell previously said he had spent millions of dollars on the site’s security over the last four weeks because he expected the site to be the victim of cyberattacks.

“We’re going to be attacked, but I have my own servers and everything,” he said. “We’re not going to be worried about Amazon taking it down, or YouTube, or Google, or Apple.”

Read more: The MyPillow guy says God helped him beat a crack addiction to build a multimillion-dollar empire. Now his religious devotion to Trump threatens to bring it all crashing down.

Lindell’s social-media site has been repeatedly pushed back since he first announced plans to launch his own platform in early March after being banned from Twitter.

The site was meant to launch for VIP access at midnight on Thursday, but dozens of people who had pre-registered said that they were unable to get onto the site.

Later on, Lindell said he moved the launch date and time for his social media and broadcast platform to Monday morning, saying people could sign up and create a profile at that time. He also said he would be broadcasting live, starting with an “historical announcement followed by a line up of guests.”

Lindell has made headlines over the past 12 months as a staunch ally of former president Donald Trump and one of the key driving forces behind voter-fraud conspiracy theories. He has been banned by Twitter, sued by voting-machine company Dominion, and had his products pulled from more than 20 retailers, which he said would cost him $65 million in lost revenue this year.

Lindell has repeatedly lambasted social-media sites including Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube in interviews after they deleted his posts about voter fraud. He originally told Insider he was launching the site, a cross between Twitter and YouTube, where people could “be vocal again and not to be walking on eggshells.”



Source link

Previous articleFans forgotten as elite club owners chase Super League riches
Next articleFaltering vaccine supplies in India is bad news for the world

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here